Study in New zealand
New Zealand welcomes international students at all of our institutions. New Zealand's immigration laws prevent an
international student from studying at a private provider that has not been registered or from taking a course that is not NZQ approved.
Study Visa Permit to New Zealand
Having a New Zealand Student Visa or Permit means you can study in New Zealand for a set time at a specified institution as a full time student. In most cases you will be issued a one year, renewable permit.The main purpose of a Student Visa or Permit is to allow international students to study full time in New Zealand. However, in some cases you may be granted a limited opportunity to work while studying.
Applying For visa
You'll have to prove you've been accepted on the course you're applying for and paid the foreign student fees.
You must have a letter confirming that you have been accepted by an educational institution before
you apply for a study permit. The institution will decide if you meet its academic and language requirements.
To obtain such acceptance, you must deal directly with the educational institution in which you are interested.
You should apply as soon as you receive your letter of acceptance from the educational institution.
If you are studying in New Zealand for stay of more than three months, international students will require a student permit
or visa unless their country of origin has a special agreement with New Zealand.
- Payment of due application fee
- Evidence of payment of fees
- A recent passport size photograph
- Evidence of "Offer of Place" as stated in your offer letter
- A return ticket or evidence of sufficient funds to travel back home
- A written guarantee from your educational institution of suitable accommodation for you in New Zealand
The objective of New Zealand's Family Category Policy is to strengthen and reunite families and communities.
The New Zealand fiancé (e) and marriage visa is designed to help applicants move to New Zealand to join their
spouse and fiancé. This visa is also referred to as a Partnership visa. This guide will also provide you
with information about parent and grandparent visas.
Working in New Zealand while you study
Students Undertaking Employment: You may apply for authority to work under the following circumstances:
- to fulfill course requirements
- up to 15 hours per week for tertiary students undertaking a long term course of study
- during the Christmas and New Year holiday period
- on completing your course of study
- As a postgraduate student.
No person who holds a temporary permit or limited purpose permit may provide commercial sexual services or operate or invest in a business which does so.